June 27-July 1, 2021Urbino, Italy
ESMEC 2021 is special, celebrating the 40th edition!
The mission of the ESMEC is to provide participants, PhD students and junior researchers from both academia and industry, with the most recent advances in the field of medicinal and organic chemistry, pharmacology, molecular biology and analytical/ structural chemistry. This idea is aimed to reflect the current scenario of medicinal chemistry being a truly transdisciplinary approach, where the advances in knowledge are driven by the medicinal chemist’s ability to translate into new molecular concepts and into novel molecular entities the amount of information created by molecular medicine, pharmacology, molecular biology, systems biology.
This year the scientific programme includes the following topics:
- Proteolysis Targeting Chimera (Protac): From Medicinal Chemistry to Clinical Trials
- Sustainable Chemistry Approaches To Lead Discovery and Chemical Processes
- Medicinal Chemistry’s Response To the Burden of Antibiotic Resistance
- Market Watch: New Drug Approval in 2019 and Synthetic Strategies
ESMEC Alumni Award
The ESMEC Alumni Award will be given to an outstanding European researcher in the field of Medicinal Chemistry who has participated in the school either as an oral or poster presenter.
The prize consists of a diploma, a medal and an invitation to give a presentation at ESMEC 2021.
For more information visit: www.esmec.eu
- Division of Medicinal Chemistry of the Italian Chemical Society (Divisione di Chimica Farmaceutica - Società Chimica Italiana, DCF-SCI) (Italy)