EFMC-ASMC'19 - International Symposium on Advances in Synthetic and Medicinal Chemistry
This symposium will bring together chemists from industry, academia and start-up companies from around the world and is focused on the most recent advances in new synthetic methodologies, total synthesis, fluorination approaches, bioisosteres and building blocks, chemical biology, medicinal chemistry, drug discovery and development leading to new or improved methods for the synthesis of pharmaceuticals.
The general concept of the meeting, with talks equally selected from industry and academia, will include an opening lecture, 26 invited lectures and 10 oral communications selected from submitted abstracts. A large poster session and commercial exhibition will complete the programme. The organisers are very happy to announce that the symposium will be chaired by:
- Varinder AGGARWAL (University of Bristol, United Kingdom)
- Spiros LIRAS (Biogen, United States)
- European Federation of Medecinal Chemistry (EFMC)
- Hellenic Society of Medicinal Chemistry (Greece)
Pirenopolis – Goiás State, Brazil
The Brazilian Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry (BrazMedChem) is the largest scientific event dedicated to Medicinal Chemistry in Latin America, and traditionally the scientific program covers the most diverse areas of the complex chain of drug discovery and development, in an interactive and collaborative atmosphere, aiming to discuss the state of the art of Medicinal Chemistry. The exchange of experiences and information among scientists and students is essential to meet the challenges of the medicinal chemistry of the twenty-first century.
Since its establishment in 2001 (BrazMedChem2001), under the coordination of Profs. Drs. Carlos Montanari, Ricardo Bicca de Alencastro and Antonia Tavares do Amaral, it has been an event prone to achieve understanding and gather true information that leads to knowledge. In its 8th edition, BrazMedChem became an official event of the Medicinal Chemistry Division, of the Brazilian Chemical Society (SBQ).
The 9th edition of BrazMedChem will be held in the historical city Pirenopolis – Goiás State, at Pousada dos Pireneus Resort from 1st to 4th September 2019, under the coordination of Prof. Dr. Carolina Horta Andrade, from the Federal University of Goias, and Director of the Medicinal Chemistry Division of the SBQ. For this edition, the main theme is “Bridging the gap between Academia and Pharmaceutical Industries for Advancing Drug Discovery”. The Organizing and Scientific Committees are working to keep the outstanding quality of the past editions, trying to enable the effective engagement and participation of the scientific community, in a modern structure that mixes high level science and social activities to congregate participants.
Deadline to register with abstract submission: May 15
Deadline to register without abstract submission: July 31
The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium is an initiative of the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC). After a successful first edition organised in Lisbon in September 2014, four further meetings have been organised in Antwerp (2015), Manchester (2016), Vienna (2017) and Ljubljana (2018). The 6th edition will be organised in connection with the EFMC International Symposium on Advances in Synthetic and Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC-ASMC 2019), and will take place in Athens on September 5-6, 2019.
This short symposium has the aim of:
- creating a network of young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry
- stimulating young European investigators in Medicinal Chemistry to share their scientific work with peers and inspiring leaders in the field
- creating competition and excellence in Medicinal Chemistry within Europe by selecting the European Champion in Medicinal Chemistry
The Programme of the 6th EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium will include:
- opening lecture given by Prof. K.C. NICOLAOU (Rice university, United States)
- keynote lectures given by Prof. Stuart CONWAY (University of Oxford, United Kingdom) and Dr Cornelia ZUMBRUNN (Idorsia Pharmaceuticals, Switzerland)
- oral communications by invited prize winners from national young medicinal chemist meetings in Europe
- oral communications selected from submitted abstracts
- flash poster presentations selected from submitted abstracts
- a poster session open to any young researcher submitting an abstract
- EFMC-YMCS Presentation Prize
- EFMC-YMCS Poster Prize
- EFMC-YMCS Public's Choice Prize
The EFMC Young Medicinal Chemist Symposium is open to any scientist interested by the topics related to Medicinal Chemistry.
- European Federation of Medecinal Chemistry (EFMC)
- Hellenic Society of Medicinal Chemistry (Greece)
The SCS Fall Meeting offers a unique opportunity for all members of the community to share the results of their research initiatives. It also stimulates the exchange of ideas between all generations of chemists, often creating the seeds for new projects and collaborations.
The Scientific Program will offer invited and contributed lectures as well as poster presentations in the following fields:
- Analytical Sciences
- Catalysis Science & Engineering
- Computational Chemistry
- Inorganic & Coordination Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry & Chemical Biology
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Polymers, Colloids & Interfaces
- Chemical Education
Contact person: David Spichiger, SCS Executive Director
Tel: +41 31 306 92 91
RDPA is a very stimulating biennial meeting which represents an unequalled opportunity for the numerous scientists dealing with pharmaceutical analysis issues in all their domains to get together. The RDPA 2019 program will cover the most appealing and relevant topics of research in (Bio)Pharmaceutical Analysis, spanning from Fundamentals to Advanced Methodologies and Instrumentations, giving special emphasis to Natural Products.
- Advanced Methodologies and Instrumentations
- Analysis of Counterfeited Drugs
- Analytical Methods for Drug/Protein and Protein/Protein Interactions Studies
- Analytical Tools to Address Registration and Regulatory Issues
- Biomarker Discovery
- (Bio)Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Drug Monitoring, Pharmacokinetic and Clinical Studies
- Food Analysis, Nutraceuticals, Functional Foods
- Forensic Analysis and Antidoping
- Fundamentals (Theories, Retention Models, Chemometrics)
- High-throughput Screening
- Hyphenated Techniques
- Natural Products
- New Frontiers in Pharmaceutical Analysis
- PATs - Process Analytical Technologies
- Proteomics, Glycomics, Metabolomics and Lipidomics
- Sample Preparation, Validation, Quality by Design, and Data Processing.
Contact person: Francesco Epifano and Salvatore Genovese
Email: Fepifano@unich.it -
Cambridge, United Kingdom
The 20th SCI / RSC Medicinal Chemistry Symposium, Europe’s premier biennial Medicinal Chemistry event, focussing on first disclosures and new strategies in Medicinal Chemistry. This conference will be of interest to both academic and industrial scientists engaged in all aspects of the drug discovery and development process.
Contact person: Mrs Maggi Churchouse
Tel: +44 (0)1359 221004
AFMC-AIMECS meetings are the most important international event organized by the Asian Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (AFMC) on the biennial years since its first meeting held in Japan in 1997. AFMC-AIMECS meetings provide a very important and beneficial opportunity for the medicinal chemists to stimulate the exchange of ideas, and to evaluate new methods and new lines of investigation for the contribution to the global progress of drug design and development.
AFMC-AIMECS 2019 will include sessions organized by the American Chemical Society (ACS) Division of Medicinal Chemistry and the European Federation of Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC) as the participating organizations. Prof. Anna Hirsch will deliver a talk on "Target-based Discovery of Novel Antibiotics Targeting the Energy-coupling Factor Transporter" as part of the EFMC Session.
The Scientific Program of the Conference will include invited lectures, oral communications, and poster presentations and the scientific program will comprise parallel sessions in order to give chance to present the maximum number of oral communications for discussing on their participated fields.
The Summer School in Pharmaceutical Analysis (SSPA) is organized by the Intradivisional group of Pharmaceutical Analysis, Division of Medicinal Chemistry, Italian Chemical Society (SCI) and sponsored by the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC).
SSPA is mainly addressed to researchers and PhD students focusing on the different aspects of analysis in drug discovery and development and in drug manufacturing. The course is open to a maximum of 80 students and is held in English.
SSPA 2019 will focus on “Current Trends in the Analysis of Medicinal Plants”. SSPA2019 will start with a regulatory session, followed by four main sessions concerning:
- Regulatory affairs and counterfeiting
- Analytical methods in medicinal plant characterization/standardization
- Omics techniques in plant analysis
- Analytical methods in the discovery of bioactive plant components
Early bird registration deadline: June 20, 2019
Deadline for abstracts submission: June 30, 2019
All inclusive registrations will be accepted until August 25, 2019. After this date, only basic registration will be accepted.
- Division of Medicinal Chemistry of the Italian Chemical Society (Divisione di Chimica Farmaceutica - Società Chimica Italiana, DCF-SCI) (Italy)
University of Vienna, Austria
The summer school especially focuses on students and professionals who have a clear interest in learning the basics as well as latest developments in Pharmacoinformatics. The program provides an overview on main approaches and techniques used in computational drug design, ranging from protein modeling, docking, pharmacophore based screening, up to machine learning, data science, and workflows. During the afternoon sessions the participants will have the opportunity to obtain hands-on training via computational exercises.
- Multi-Target Profiling and Integrated Approaches
- Molecular Dynamics Simulations
- Ligand- and Target-based Design
- Pharmacophore Modeling
- Open Data, Open Tools, Open Knowledge
- Case Studies from Industry
Click here for more information on the programme
Click here to register to the Summer School
If you have any questions regarding the EUROPIN Summer School on Drug Design, please don't hesitate to contact us at
Leiden, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 43 3881681
Fax: +31 43 3884159
The 2nd Swedish Medicinal Chemistry Symposium, Sweden’s premier biennial Medicinal Chemistry event focus on recent advances in Swedish drug discovery research in academia and in industry.
This symposium has a particular focus on emerging concepts in modern drug discovery and chemical biology including alternative modalities, new in silico-based drug discovery approaches, and opportunities arising in the interface between biology and chemistry.
Contact person: Peter Sjö
Tel: +41 79 861 13 15
Contact person: Dr Marcin Maczynski
Tel: +48 71 784 03 40
Fax: +48 71 784 03 41