To kick off our 50th anniversary celebrations, we would like to recognise the immense contribution of those who not only brought EFMC into being in 1969 but have helped to make it what it is today. We are, therefore, very proud to announce the award of the first EFMC Honorary Fellows.
The first recipients have created and nurtured the mission and vision of EFMC during its first 50 years. All are former Presidents but have been contributors above and beyond and remain active supporters of EFMC. Congratulations and thanks to:
• Prof. Henk Timmerman (VU University, The Netherlands)
• Prof. Ferran Sanz (University Pompeu Fabra, Spain)
• Prof. Roberto Pellicciari (TES Pharma, Italy)
• Prof. Gerhard Ecker (University of Vienna, Austria)
• Prof. Uli Stilz (Novo Nordisk, Denmark)
• Prof. Koen Augustyns (University of Antwerp, Belgium)
Additionally, due to his contribution in launching the series of EFMC-YMCS events, we are happy to recognize also:
• Prof. Chris De Graaf (Sosei Heptares, United Kingdom)
The official ceremony will take place during the opening of the XXVI EFMC International Symposium on Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC-ISMC 2020), scheduled to take place in Basel, Switzerland from September 6-10, 2020.
The EFMC recognition programme will continue awarding outstanding contributors to EFMC and sciences in the future with a system of open call for nominations – to be launched in fall 2020.