EFMC Sponsorship rules can be found in the by-laws, point E.
Macrocycles 2018 - 3rd RSC BMCS Medicinal Chemistry Symposium on Macrocycles
October 8-9, 2018 Stevenage, United Kingdom
The objective of this symposium is to promote scientific interaction between scientists with a shared interest in the field of Macrocycles. This area is responsible for a growing number of therapeutic approaches and development candidates, all of which go ‘beyond the rule-of–five’. As a researcher in this field, come along to hear about the latest advances and also to share in some of the secrets of discovering therapeutic agents which go beyond Lipinski’s rules.
- Frank Fang, Eisai, United States
- William McCoull, AstraZeneca, United Kingdom
- Daniel Obrecht, Polyphor, Switzerland
- Vicky Steadman, Selcia, United Kingdom
Contact person: Mrs Maggi Churchouse
Tel: +44 (0)1359 221004
2nd SCI/RSC Symposium on Antimicrobial Drug Discovery
November 12-13, 2018 London, United Kingdom
Rising antimicrobial resistance is decreasing the efficacy of existing treatments for infection. With the alarming prospect of a post-antibiotic era, it is vital that we refresh the drug pipeline with new therapies and therapeutics that act through novel modes of action. With pressure from governments and increased public awareness of this growing problem, renewed interest from industry and academia has led to a resurgence in antimicrobial drug discovery, with the exciting prospect of new and innovative technologies and approaches for combating infection.
Following the first successful event in 2016, this meeting will examine the current state of the art in antimicrobial drug discovery from a medicinal chemist’s perspective. Coinciding with World Antibiotics Awareness week, a two-day programme of speakers from industry and academia will highlight the challenges associated with discovering and developing new antimicrobials, whilst also showcasing emerging strategies that are being developed to tackle infection.
Early-career researchers wishing to give a short talk are encouraged to submit a one-page abstract by Friday 15 June 2018.
Deadline for early bird registration is 1st October 2018.
Contact: Conference Team
Tel: +44 (0)207 598 1561
MedChem 2018: New Avenues in Kinase Drug Discovery: a Bright Future ?
November 23, 2018 Namur, Belgium
The Medicinal Chemistry Divisions of the two Belgian Chemical Societies, Société Royale de Chimie (SRC) and Koninklijke Vlaamse Chemische Vereniging (KVCV), are organising every year an international one-day symposium with the aim to update participants on selected areas of pharmaceutical research by specialists in their respective field.
In recent years, this symposium has been gathering around 150 participants at each edition, half from universities, half from industry, both from Belgium and surrounding countries. It has been focussing on topics such as:
- The Many Pharmacotherapeutic Faces of Nucleosides and Oligonucleotides (2017)
- PET & Imaging : From Chemistry Lab to Clinical Applications (2016)
- New Vistas in GPCR Research: the Dawn of an Exciting Drug Discovery Era? (2014)
- Constrained Peptides and Macrocycles – New Opportunities for Drug Discovery (2013)
- From Rapid Dissociation to Irreversible Inhibition – Optimisation of Drug-Target Residence Time (2012)
- Dr Patrick ANGIBAUD, JANSSEN, Val de Reuil, France
- Prof. Jürgen BAJORATH, UNIVERSITY OF BONN, Bonn, Germany
- Dr Ulrich LUCKING, BAYER HEALTHCARE, Berlin, Germany
- Dr James REUBERSON, UCB, Slough, United Kingdom
Deadline for abstract submission and early bird fee is October 16, 2018!
MsC student or PhD internship, KU Leuven: Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Leuven, Belgium
Job portal page
Follow us on Facebook
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Instagram