The conference is organized by MDPI, the publisher of the open-access journal Molecules and follows the very successful one-day meeting,"Molecules Medicinal Chemistry Symposium (MMCS): Emerging Drug Discovery Approaches against Infectious Diseases", held in September 2017 at the School of Pharmacy and Food Sciences of the University of Barcelona, Spain, which turned out to be a very fruitful forum for discussion on the specific topic of anti-infective drug discovery, in an excellent atmosphere created by the more than 70 attendees from 20 countries.
Encouraged by the great success of the initial small-format monographic MMCS2017, the three-day MMCS2019 will grow naturally by addressing a larger audience and essentially all topics of medicinal chemistry. The MMCS2019 will be organized into a number of thematic sessions on medicinal chemistry of particularly challenging diseases, novel and revisited drug discovery approaches, and medicinal chemistry stories about recently implemented projects in any area not covered in the other sessions, from target and hit identification to hit-to-lead optimization, tuning of physicochemical and pharmacokinetic properties, preclinical and clinical development, etc.
Two prominent and inspiring keynote speakers per session will share the program with a number of selected oral communications, especially by young researchers. The program will be complemented by poster presentations, and social events on the second day of the conference.
- Prof. Xavier Barril (University of Barcelona, Spain)
- Prof. Dr Alessio Ciulli (University of Dundee, United Kingdom)
- Prof. Dr Rebecca Deprez-Poulain (University of Lille, France)
- Dr Eva Estébanez-Perpiñá (University of Barcelona, Spain)
- Prof. Dr Christa E. Müller (University of Bonn, Germany)
- Prof. Dr Stephen Neidle (University College London, United Kingdom)
- Prof. Dr Barry V. L. Potter (University of Oxford, United Kingdom)
- Prof. Dr Jörg Rademann (Free University of Berlin, Germany)
- Prof. Dr Yi Sun (University of Michigan, United States and Zhejiang University, China)
- Prof. Dr Santiago Vázquez (University of Barcelona, Spain)
- Prof. Dr Mark von Itzstein (Griffith University, Australia)
Deadline to submit your abstract is January 10, 2019
Deadline for early bird registration is March 8, 2019
Contact: George Andrianou