The "Symeres PhD Prize for Excellence in Chemistry in Life Sciences Research" is an EFMC-YSN Partner Prize given annually, with the aim to recognise outstanding research in medicinal chemistry and chemical biology, executed by early career researchers during their thesis work.
Upon application, the submission will be peer reviewed and the 10 best candidates will be invited to the Symeres facilities in Nijmegen (The Netherlands) to present their work (travel and accommodation covered). The prizes will constist of a diploma and a cash prize of 1000€ for the winner, 600€ for the runner-up and 400€ for the third place. The winner will also be invited to deliver an oral communication at the EFMC Young Medicinal Chemists' Symposium (EFMC-YMCS).
Next to that, the 2023 winner will receive a free registration
and a 500€ travel grant
to attend both the IX EFMC International Symposium on Advances in Synthetic and Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC-ASMC 2023
) and the 10th EFMC Young Medicinal Chemists' Symposium (EFMC-YMCS 2023
) which will take place in Zagreb, Croatia on September 3-7 & September 7-8, 2023.
Who can apply?
- PhD students (up to 12 months before the end of PhD and up to three years after PhD) in medicinal chemistry or chemical biology.
- Applicants should be European residents, having received or being currently enrolled in a PhD from a European university.
- Abstract of the oral communication to be presented at the EFMC-YMCS 2023
- Summary of PhD work (maximum 3 pages)
- Introduction of Project – what was the goal?
- Key Results Obtained – what was achieved?
- Future Prospects – What would the candidate do next?
How to apply?
- Submission opening: January 5, 2023
- Submission deadline: March 15, 2023
- 10 Best Candidates announced by the end of April 2023
- Presentations and visit of the Symeres Facilities: July 10-11, 2023
- Oral Communication at the EFMC-YMCS 2023 on September 7-8, 2023