EFMC Sponsored Events are scientific events or post-graduate educational activities related to Medicinal Chemistry or Chemical Biology organised by EFMC national adhering organisations*, EFMC partner organisations, non-for-profit associations or scientific committees.
Applications for sponsorship should be done by sending the below form to the EFMC Administrative Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org), at least three months prior to the event for both physical and online events. In case of smaller online events, we will accept requests up to a month prior to the event.
Sponsorship applications will be considered by the EFMC Executive Committee before approval. Sponsorship will not be granted to events overlapping with EFMC organised events.
*EFMC national adhering organisations are granted EFMC sponsorships at no costs, provided the event fulfills the requirements.
The Spanish Society of Medicinal Chemistry (SEQT), member of the European Federation of Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC), is organizing its XX National Meeting “From Early Discovery to Translational Medicinal Chemistry” to be held on January 23-26th 2022 in Santiago de Compostela, Spain.
This event will be an excellent opportunity to provide a forum for scientific discussions and a great opportunity to highlight the advances of from early discovery to translational medicinal chemistry.
The scientific program will include plenary and keynote lectures, oral communications, flash poster presentations and poster sessions, covering hot topics in drug discovery with a focus on translational medicinal chemistry. The program will be complemented by a trade exhibition and an exciting social program.
For further information and regular updates, please visit our website: https://www.seqt.org/en/events/meetings/
- Eddy Sotelo: Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela
- Beatriz de Pascual-Teresa: Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid
- Xerardo García Mera: Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela
- Maria João Matos: Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela
- Eugenio Uriarte: Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela
- Marta Gutiérrez: Instituto de Química Médica-CSIC, Madrid
- Maria Majellaro: Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela
- Jacobo Cruces: Galchimia, Touro
- Guido Kurz: Oncostellae, Santiago de Compostela
Contact person: Eddy Sotelo
- Sociedad Española de Química Terapéutica (Spain)
As the COVID-19 pandemic is still not stabilised, many international conferences have newly been postponed. After carefully reviewing the situation, the Scientific Organising Committee decided that the edition initially planned in St. Anton, Austria on January 30 – February 2, 2022, will finally be run as a virtual event on January 24 – 28, 2022.
The Alpine Winter Conference on Medicinal and Synthetic Chemistry exposes attending scientists to cutting edge synthetic and medicinal chemistry as well as latest developments in technologies that foster innovation in drug discovery. The main target audience for this highly interdisciplinary meeting will include medicinal and synthetic chemists, as well as related drug discovery disciplines from both industry and academia as well as graduate/undergraduate students and postdocs. The scientific program will include plenary and keynote lectures, oral communications and poster sessions.
The Conference topics will include:
- Automation and Machine Learning Applications for Medicinal Chemistry
- Covalent Targeting: Innovating for the Future
- Drug Discovery Tales
- Increasing sp3 Fragment Options: Advances in the Synthesis of Small Ring Systems
- Methodologies to Understand Cellular Target Interaction
- Targeting Unstructured Proteins
- The "Catalytic Cycle" of Complex Molecule Synthesis and Methodology Development
- Understanding PK and PK/PD relationships in drug discovery - Target Mediated Drug Disposition
- 15th November 2021: Abstract submission to be considered for oral communications.
- 13th December 2021: Abstract submission to be considered for posters and flash presentations.
Scientific Organising Committee
Dr Klemens HOEGENAUER (Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Basel, Switzerland)
Dr Karl Heinz KRAWINKLER (Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Basel, Switzerland)
Dr Antonia F. STEPAN (Roche, Basel, Switzerland)
It is with great pleasure that we announce the 3rd Molecules Medicinal Chemistry Symposium — Shaping Medicinal Chemistry for the New Decade (MMCS2022), to be held in Rome, Italy, from 16 to 18 February 2022.
The conference is co-organized by the Sapienza University of Rome, Department of Drug Chemistry and Technology, and MDPI, the publisher of the open-access journal Molecules. The three-day MMCS2022 will be organized into a number of thematic sessions on the medicinal chemistry of particularly challenging diseases, novel and revisited drug discovery approaches, and medicinal chemistry stories about recently implemented projects in areas not covered in the other sessions—target and hit identification, hit-to-lead optimization, the tuning of physicochemical and pharmacokinetic properties, preclinical and clinical development, etc.
- S1. Molecules against drug resistant microorganisms and SARS-CoV-2
- S2. Targeting Proteins for Degradation: PROTACS, PHOTACS, LYTACs, and molecular glues
- S3. Machine Learning in Drug Design
- S4. Natural Compounds in Drug Discovery
- S5. Multitarget Drug Discovery
- S6. Medicinal Chemistry Tales
In each session, two prominent and inspiring keynote speakers will share the program with a number of oral communications selected from among the contributions submitted by young researchers. The program will be complemented by poster presentations and social events.
- Abstract Submission: November 30, 2021
Early Bird Registration: January 10, 2022
Late Registration: January 28, 2021
More information on the website, or by contacting the conference secretariat.
Ms. Jiahua Zhang
Dr. Ana Sanchis
Mr. Pablo Velázquez
The Organizing Committee of the MedChem-Russia 2021 conference heartily invites academic and university researchers, foreign scientists, representatives of the pharmaceutical business and medicine, undergraduate students and Ph.D. students to attend the 5th Russian Conference on Medicinal Chemistry, which will be held finally on May 16-19, 2022 in Volgograd.
The scientific program of the MedChem-Russia 2021 conference will include plenary lectures, oral presentations and poster presentations. The conference will include sections on computational chemistry, new approaches in medicinal chemistry, target-oriented drug design, domestic anti-infectious drugs, including COVID-19 infection, as well as drug substance production, development of dosage forms and drug manufacturing. As part of the conference, a satellite youth symposium will be held. Six opening lectures by leading specialists will be followed by oral presentations by young scientists, two poster sessions, as well as round tables on educational programs in medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry fields to discuss ways to accelerate the implementation of innovative developments into practice. In addition to the scientific program, business events are scheduled to foster networking. The organizers consider making this international forum interesting for both scientists and industry representatives working in the field of medicinal chemistry and drug development as their main focus.
- November 15, 2021 – for submission of applications for an official invitation (for foreign participants)
- January 15, 2022 – deadline for registering regular participation
- January 15, 2022 – deadline for online abstracts submission
- January 20, 2022 – notification of acceptance of abstracts
- February 15, 2022 – deadline for payment of the registration fee
For more information please contact: email@example.com
- The D.I. Mendeleev Russian Chemical Society, Medicinal Chemistry Section (Russia)
Organised with Nordic affiliations, the scientific programme will feature themed lectures, focusing on medicinal chemistry and related technologies and disciplines across a range of drug targets and modalities. A distinguishing feature of this symposium is the collegiate style which encourages an atmosphere of information sharing and learning.
Call for Papers
The call for papers is now open, and papers are invited for both short talks and posters. The closing dates are 31st January 2023 (oral) and 4th May 2023 (poster). Some posters will be selected for flash oral presentation. Please download this abstract template.
Bursary application form – closing date is 3rd May 2023
- Sharan Bagal (chair), AstraZeneca, UK
- Kevin N Dack, LEO Pharma, DK
- Adrian Hall (treasurer), UCB, BE
- Malin Lemurell, AstraZeneca, SE
- Anette Graven Sams, Lundbeck, DK
- Morten Jørgensen (posters), LEO Pharma, DK
- The Biological and Medicinal Chemistry Sector (BMCS) of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) (United Kingdom)