EFMC Sponsored Events are scientific events or post-graduate educational activities related to Medicinal Chemistry or Chemical Biology organised by EFMC national adhering organisations*, EFMC partner organisations, non-for-profit associations or scientific committees.
Applications for sponsorship should be done by sending the below form to the EFMC Administrative Secretariat (email@example.com), at least three months prior to the event for both physical and online events. In case of smaller online events, we will accept requests up to a month prior to the event.
Sponsorship applications will be considered by the EFMC Executive Committee before approval. Sponsorship will not be granted to events overlapping with EFMC organised events.
*EFMC national adhering organisations are granted EFMC sponsorships at no costs, provided the event fulfills the requirements.
This face to face meeting will comprise of oral and poster presentations from PhD students and post-doctoral workers researching in biological or medicinal chemistry. In addition, the agenda will feature invited keynote speakers from industry and academia.
This conference will be of interest to PhD students, post-doctoral workers, academics and industry workers.
- The Biological and Medicinal Chemistry Sector (BMCS) of the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) (United Kingdom)
International one-day symposium in Belgium, organised by the Koninklijke Vlaamse Chemische Vereniging (KVCV) and the Société Royale de Chimie (SRC), with the aim to update participants on selected areas of pharmaceutical research by specialists in their respective field.
This year, the one-day symposium will explore some of the newest technologies, tools, modalities or disciplines that enable modern medicinal chemistry, significantly impacting the daily lives of most medicinal chemists:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning,
- Biorthogonal chemistry,
- Targeted protein degradation by PROTACS or molecular glues
- Chemical biology
A sightseeing tour around recent advances in these transformational fields will be presented.
- Prof. Koen AUGUSTYNS (University of Antwerp, Belgium)
- Prof. Gilles BERGER (ULB, Belgium)
- Prof. Raphaël FREDERICK (UCLouvain, Belgium)
- Dr Laurent PROVINS (UCB, Belgium)
A meeting organized by SCF-ChemBio at the frontiers between Chemistry and Biology.
ChemBio2024 offers the following possiblities to present:
- Oral communication or poster
Present your work as an oral communication; however, if it is not accepted, it will automatically be converted into a poster.
- Short communication or poster
Present your work as a short communication; however, if it is not accepted, it will automatically be converted into a poster. Short communications are specifically dedicated to young researchers (PhD students and post-doctoral researchers)
Present your work in poster format only.
List of confirmed Speakers
Discover the Speakers via this link.
- Boris Vauzeilles (Institut de Chimie des Substances Naturelles, France)
- Christophe Biot (Université de Lille, France)
- Eric Defrancq (Université Grenoble Alpes, France)
- Dominique Guianvarc'h (Université Paris-Saclay, France)
- Marie Lopez (Institut des Biomolécules Max Mousseron, France)
- Wadih Ghattas (Université Paris-Saclay, France)
- Daniela Verga (Institut Curie, France)
- Arnaud Gautier (Sorbonne Université, France)
- Marie-Hélène Larraufie (Almirall, Espagne)
- Estelle Leonard (ESCOM School, France)
- Sylvain Marque (Université Aix-Marseille, France)
- Sébastien Papot (Université de Poitiers, France)
- Yung-Sing Wong (Université Grenoble Alpes, France)
The “Alpine Winter Conference on Medicinal and Synthetic Chemistry” exposes attending scientists to cutting edge synthetic and medicinal chemistry as well as latest developments in technologies that foster innovation in drug discovery. The main target audience for this highly interdisciplinary meeting will include medicinal and synthetic chemists, as well as related drug discovery disciplines from both industry and academia as well as graduate/undergraduate students and postdocs.
In the spirit of Keystone and Gordon conferences as well as the MBCF (Medicinal and Bioorganic Chemistry Foundation) conference in Steamboat Springs, the format of this meeting provides ample opportunity for attendees to informally interact. The aim is to strengthen existing networks and create new contacts.
The Conference topics will include:
- Antiviral Drug Discovery
- Cryo-EM: Applications for Structure-Based Drug Discovery
- Drug Discovery Tales 1 & 2
- From Underground to Mainstream: Neglected and Novel, Emerging Functional Groups for Drug Discovery
- Human Dose Prediction in the Discovery Space
- Latest Advances and Approaches in Bioconjugation Drug Discovery
- Radical Intermediates in Complex Molecule Synthesis
- Recent Developments in Synthetic Methodologies and their Impact
LD Organisation srl
rue Michel de Ghelderode 33/02 - BE B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Tel: +32 (0)10 45 47 77
Free event packed with talks covering the hottest topics in chemical biology. Jointly organised between the Technical University of Munich, Leiden University, and ChemBioChem (Chemistry Europe).
CONFIRMED KEYNOTE LECTURES
- Prof. Kate Carrol (The Scripps Research Institute, US)
- Prof. Kai Johnsson (Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, DE)