The conference is organized by MDPI, the publisher of the open-access journal Molecules and follows the very successful one-day meeting,"Molecules Medicinal Chemistry Symposium (MMCS): Emerging Drug Discovery Approaches against Infectious Diseases", held in September 2017 at the School of Pharmacy and Food Sciences of the University of Barcelona, Spain, which turned out to be a very fruitful forum for discussion on the specific topic of anti-infective drug discovery, in an excellent atmosphere created by the more than 70 attendees from 20 countries.
Encouraged by the great success of the initial small-format monographic MMCS2017, the three-day MMCS2019 will grow naturally by addressing a larger audience and essentially all topics of medicinal chemistry. The MMCS2019 will be organized into a number of thematic sessions on medicinal chemistry of particularly challenging diseases, novel and revisited drug discovery approaches, and medicinal chemistry stories about recently implemented projects in any area not covered in the other sessions, from target and hit identification to hit-to-lead optimization, tuning of physicochemical and pharmacokinetic properties, preclinical and clinical development, etc.
Two prominent and inspiring keynote speakers per session will share the program with a number of selected oral communications, especially by young researchers. The program will be complemented by poster presentations, and social events on the second day of the conference.
- Prof. Xavier Barril (University of Barcelona, Spain)
- Prof. Dr Alessio Ciulli (University of Dundee, United Kingdom)
- Prof. Dr Rebecca Deprez-Poulain (University of Lille, France)
- Dr Eva Estébanez-Perpiñá (University of Barcelona, Spain)
- Prof. Dr Christa E. Müller (University of Bonn, Germany)
- Prof. Dr Stephen Neidle (University College London, United Kingdom)
- Prof. Dr Barry V. L. Potter (University of Oxford, United Kingdom)
- Prof. Dr Jörg Rademann (Free University of Berlin, Germany)
- Prof. Dr Yi Sun (University of Michigan, United States and Zhejiang University, China)
- Prof. Dr Santiago Vázquez (University of Barcelona, Spain)
- Prof. Dr Mark von Itzstein (Griffith University, Australia)
Deadline to submit your abstract is January 10, 2019
Deadline for early bird registration is March 8, 2019
Contact: George Andrianou
As in former editions, this Symposium is aimed to give the opportunity to Post-doc, Pre-doc, Master’s degree, and Bachelor’s degree students to show and discuss their results. However, registration is also open to both junior and senior researchers.
- Merche Aranda, Ideare Learning and Innovation, Spain
- Xavier Barril, University of Barcelona, Spain
- Lola Jiménez-Alfaro, GSK, Spain
- Christian Ottmann, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Organic Synthesis
- Molecular Biology
- Computational Chemistry
- Chemical Biology
- Natural Products
Abstract submission deadline is April 30, 2019.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sociedad Española de Química Terapéutica (Spain)
In 2019, it will be 20 years of history of this traditional Joint Meetings, founded in 1999 by Prof. G. Ronsivalle (Italy) together with Prof. A. Lipkowski (Poland) and Prof. G. Toth (Hungary). On behalf of National Chemical Societies of Italy, Poland and Hungary, Prof G. Ronsivalle together with Prof. Z. Chilmonczyk (Poland) and Prof. P. Matyus (Hungary) organized the first meeting in Taormina in 1999, particularly to promote Medicinal Chemistry, attract young scientists and foster relationships between medicinal chemists of the participating countries. After Taormina, JMMC was held in Budapest 2001, Krakow 2003, Vienna 2005, Portorož 2007, Budapest 2009, Catania 2011, Lublin 2013, Athens 2015 and Dubrovnik 2017. Since the first meeting, number of participating countries has increased to nine – Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia. The success of last 10th JMMC-2017 (249 participants from 28 countries) illustrates an interest of this kind of meetings. We are pleased to invite medicinal chemists from all over the world, not only participating countries, to come, stimulate discussion in drug discovery and development and to promote collaboration between medicinal chemistry scientists, both young and experienced.
- Dr. Tomas Cihlar (Gilead Sciences, United States)
- Prof. Michal Hocek (Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the CAS, Czech Republic)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Janez Ilas (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Prof. Yoel Rodríguez (Hostos Community College of CUNY, United States)
- Prof. Dr. Sanja Tomic (Ruder Boskovic Institute, Croatia)
Contact person: Martin Dolezal
- Section of Synthetic Drug of the Czech Pharmaceutical Society (Czech Republic)
The French Medicinal Chemistry Society (Société de Chimie Thérapeutique - SCT) is pleased to invite you to Nantes, France on July 3-5, 2019 for the 55th edition of the International Conference on Medicinal Chemistry (RICT 2019).
The congress will be devoted to “Interfacing Chemical Biology and Drug Discovery” and the main topics will be:
- New Breakthroughs in Targeting PPIs
- Recent Trends in Infectious Diseases Drug Development
- Tackling New Challenges in Antibody-drug Conjugates
- Inspired by Nature
- Artificial Intelligence in Drug Discovery : Reality or Hype
- Case studies: from target validation to novel drugs (all therapeutic areas included)
As for previous editions of RICT, the scientific committee will ensure the high quality and diversity of the scientific programme together with the accessibility of the meeting to PhD/post-doc and local Master students. For the latter, an advantageous registration fee is proposed. Moreover, a special career session will be organised with industrial and academic participants.
During the meeting, you will have the opportunity to listen to the recipient of the 2019 Paul Ehrlich Award and to the recipient of the Pierre Fabre Award for Therapeutic Innovation
In addition, a poster session will provide the opportunity for all participants to present their current results. “Best poster” prizes will be attributed at the end of the meeting.
For more information please contact: email@example.com
- Société de Chimie Thérapeutique (France)