VIII SEQT Summer School
The Spanish Society of Medicinal Chemistry (SEQT), member of the European Federation of Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC), and GalChimia are organizing the VIII SEQT Summer School “Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology in Drug Discovery: the Pharma Perspective” to be held on June 19-21 2023 in Santiago de Compostela, Spain, with the aim of approaching the Industry to young researchers, both graduate students and post-doctoral associates working in medicinal chemistry, biological chemistry and health sciences related fields.
On behalf of the organizing committee, we would like to personally invite you to participate in the meeting, which will provide a forum for scientific discussions with the aim of approaching the pharma industry to young researchers, both graduate students and post-doctoral associates working in the chemistry and health sciences related fields. During three days, the participants will have the opportunity to learn about the latest research trends in pharmaceutical drug discovery and development.
- Early Bird Registration: From March 20th until May 16th
- Abstract submission: From March 20th until June 5th
- Sociedad Española de Química Terapéutica (Spain)
42th Edition of the European School of Medicinal Chemistry (ESMEC)
The Medicinal Chemistry Division of the Italian Chemical Society is organizing, with the support of the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Biology (EFMC), the 42nd Edition of the European School of Medicinal Chemistry (ESMEC 2023), an EFMC Certified School.
The ESMEC is addressed to PhD students and young researchers from both Academia and Industry, with the aim of covering hot topics and new methodologies in medicinal chemistry. To achieve these very ambitious goals, the School is divided into thematic sessions.
The scientific programme includes the following topics:
- Pharmacomicrobiomics: the complex world of drug-microbiome interactions
- Artificial Intelligence-based retrosynthesis
- Mechanochemistry: A Sustainable Tool to Navigate the Uncharted Chemical Space
- Preventing the turn! Atropisomerism in drug discovery
- Market Watch: New Drug Approval in 2022 and Synthetic Strategies
- ESMEC Fellowships: May 31
- ESMEC Alumni Award: May 31
- Registration and Abstract Submission: June 11
- Division of Medicinal Chemistry of the Italian Chemical Society (Divisione di Chimica Farmaceutica - Società Chimica Italiana, DCF-SCI) (Italy)
EUROPIN Vienna Summer School Drug Design
The summer school especially focuses on students and professionals who have a clear interest in learning the basics as well as latest developments in Pharmacoinformatics. The program provides an overview on main approaches and techniques used in computational drug design, ranging from protein modeling, docking, pharmacophore based screening, up to machine learning, data science, and workflows. During the afternoon sessions the participants will have the opportunity to obtain hands-on training via computational exercises.
Please, find the programme here.
- Structure-based Design & Molecular Dynamics Simulations
- Machine Learning & Deep Learning in Drug Design
- Pharmacophore Modeling
- in silico Toxicology
- Open Data, Open Tools, Open Knowledge
- Case Studies from Industry
The registration fee includes access to all lectures and practical exercises (workshops), copy of all material, coffee breaks and beverages. For a reduced fee it is possible to attend only the morning sessions (only lectures – no workshops).
Registrations fees (Early Bird):
- 550€ for full participation
- 300€ for students
A discount of € 50 is applicable for EFMC members (both categories).
- Early Bird Fees: June 30, 2023
- Poster abstract submission: July 31, 2023
Students who submit an abstract, present a poster or a short talk, and provide a short assay how the summer school contributed to their thesis will receive 4 ECTS credits.