MedChem Russia conferences are held every 2 years in large scientific, educational and cultural centers of the Russian Federation. The first conference was held in Moscow in 2013, the second - in Novosibirsk in 2015, and the third one - in Kazan in 2017. This international conference is mainly aimed at detailed analysis of current developments, innovative approaches and advanced technologies in the field of medicinal chemistry and drug research.
The scientific program of MedChem Russia 2019 will include plenary lectures, oral reports and poster presentations. Youth School Conference on medicinal chemistry and the sections on computer chemistry, on cell technologies, on domestic anti-cancer and anti-infectious drugs and on materials for medicine will be held within the framework of the Conference. In addition to the scientific program, various events aimed at business communication are planned. Holding such forum on the international level, which will interest both scientists and industrial representatives, working in the area of medicinal chemistry and drug development, is one of the major tasks for the organizers.
The Conference is to be held in B.N. Yeltsin Ural Federal University and in M.N. Mikheev Institute of Metal Physics of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
The scientific program will cover the following issues:
- Innovative developments in important therapeutic areas;
- Novel synthetic and technological approaches in medicinal chemistry;
- Computer prognosis, virtual screening, bioinformatics and chemoinformatics;
- Nanocomposites, drug delivery systems;
- Development of innovative anti-cancer drugs;
- Promising materials for medicine;
- Cell technologies, developing biopharmaceutical products.
Contact person: Kuznetsova Olga A.
EFMC-ACSMEDI: Medicinal Chemistry Frontiers 2019
This biennial meeting is a key symposium in its field with traditionally around 300 participants, from industry and academia. The EFMC - ACSMEDI Medicinal Chemistry Frontiers Meeting attracts a highly targeted audience composed of experts in drug discovery and development, in particular medicinal and synthetic chemists, together with scientists active in the fields of computer assisted drug design, biology, DMPK, pharmacology, early toxicology, as well as chemical and pharmaceutical development. The scientific programme for this meeting will feature a plenary session, followed by sessions covering the latest advances in medicinal chemistry.
The Final Scientific Programme will include:
- A first-time disclosure by Novartis: The Discovery of LML134, a Histamine H3 Receptor Inverse Agonist for the Clinical Treatment of Excessive Sleep Disorder
- 3 high quality plenary and 19 keynote speakers, covering the latest advances in the main fields of medicinal chemistry.
- 6 Oral communications selected from the submitted abstracts
- A session showcasing Pharma Research Highlights in Poland
- An extensive social programme to maximise your networking opportunities.
- A Poster session and an exhibition.
The following topics will be addressed:
- Adding AI to the Drug Discovery Tool Box
Session Chair: Carolyn Dzierba (BRISTOL-MYERS SQUIBB, United States)
- Advances in Protein Degradation Technologies
Session Chair: Daniel Harki (UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA, United States)
- Chemical Biology Tools & Target Engagement Technologies
Session Chair: Edgars Suna (LATVIAN INSTITUTE OF ORGANIC SYNTHESIS, Latvia)
- Genomics in Drug Discovery : Roles for Chemistry
Session Chair: Terry Moore (UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS, United States)
- GPCRs : a Discovery Powerhouse
Session Chair: Yves P. Auberson (NOVARTIS INSTITUTES FOR BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH, Switzerland)
- Matrix Metallo-Proteinases
Session Chair: Krzysztof Józwiak (MEDICAL UNIVERSITY OF LUBLIN, Poland)
- Multi-Targeted Drugs
Session Chair: Andrzej Bojarski (INSTITUTE OF PHARMACOLOGY POLISH ACADEMY OF SCIENCES, Poland)
- Opioid, Pain, Endo-Cannabinoid
Session Chair: Katarzyna Kiec-Kononowicz (JAGIELLONIAN UNIVERSITY, Poland)
- Targeted Covalent Inhibitors
Session Chair: Anders Karlén (UPPSALA UNIVERSITY, Sweden)
- European Federation of Medecinal Chemistry (EFMC)
- Polish Society of Medicinal Chemistry (Poland)
This symposium follows on from the very successful inaugural meeting held in 2017 containing high quality international speakers from industry and academia on topics of Medicinal Chemistry and related enabling technologies. Organised by the Biological and Medicinal Chemistry Sector of the Royal Society of Chemistry, together with Nordic affiliates, the meeting promises to be an exciting and invigorating gathering packed with fantastic opportunities to disseminate knowledge and expand networks.
The scientific programme will feature themed lectures, focusing on medicinal chemistry and related technologies and disciplines across a range of drug targets and modalities. A distinguishing feature of this symposium is the collegiate style which encourages an atmosphere of information sharing and learning.
- Andrew Cook, H3 Biomedicine, United States
- James Crawford, Genentech, United States
- Morten Dahl Sørensen, LEO Pharma, Denmark
- Matthew Disney, Scripps Research, United States
- Samuel Hintermann, Novartis, Switzerland
- Daniel Pettersen, AstraZeneca, Sweden
- Izzat Raheem, Merck, United States
- Hasane Ratni, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Switzerland
- Lena Ripa, AstraZeneca, Sweden
- Ian Smith, GlaxoSmithKline, United Kingdom
- Steven van der Plas, Galapagos, Belgium
Contact person: Mrs Maggi Churchouse
Tel: +44 (0)1359 221004
Contact person: Anders Karlén
The Bioheterocycles conference, initiated in 1980 by Prof. Henk van der Plas, is a biennial meeting in Europe, focusing on the synthesis and biological activities of heterocyclic compounds. The objective is to provide an informal meeting, facilitating fruitful interactions between young scientists, established academics, recognised international speakers and industrial experts on emerging trends and new developments related to heterocycles in chemistry, biology, medicine, agriculture,…
- Prof. Wim DE BORGGRAEVE, KULEUVEN,Belgium
- Prof. David FAIRLIE, UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND, Australia
- Prof. Anna GRANDAS, UNIVERSITY OF BARCELONA, Spain
- Prof. Burkhard KÖNIG, UNIVERSITÄT REGENSBURG, Germany
- Prof. Nuno MAULIDE, UNIVERSITY OF VIENNA, Austria
- Dr Peter MEIER, NOVARTIS PHARMA, Switzerland
- Prof. Pascale MOREAU, UNIVERSITE BLAISE PASCAL, France
- Prof. Thomas BOTTCHER, UNIVERSITY OF KONSTANZ, Germany
- Prof. James BULL, IMPERIAL COLLEGE, United Kingdom
- Prof. Adrian DOBBS, UNIVERSITY OF GREENWICH, United Kingdom
- Prof. Stanislav GOBEC, UNIVERSITY OF LJUBLJANA, Slovenia
- Prof. Dorota GRYKO, INSTITUTE OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY PAS, Poland
- Dr Martina LAHMANN ,BANGOR UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom
- Prof Florence MONGIN, UNIVERSITY OF RENNES, France
- Dr Luke ODELL, UNIVERSITY OF UPPSALA, Sweden
- Prof. Niko S. RADULOVIC, UNIVERSITY OF NIS, Serbia
- Prof. Zsolt SZAKONYI, UNIVERSITY OF SZEGED, Hungary
For more information please contact:
Contact person: Prof. Eylon Yavin
6th SEQT Young Researchers Symposium
EFMC Sponsored Event
As in former editions, this Symposium is aimed to give the opportunity to Post-doc, Pre-doc, Master’s degree, and Bachelor’s degree students to show and discuss their results. However, registration is also open to both junior and senior researchers.
- Merche Aranda, Ideare Learning and Innovation, Spain
- Xavier Barril, University of Barcelona, Spain
- Lola Jiménez-Alfaro, GSK, Spain
- Christian Ottmann, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Organic Synthesis
- Molecular Biology
- Computational Chemistry
- Chemical Biology
- Natural Products
Abstract submission deadline is April 30, 2019.
For more information contact: email@example.com
- Sociedad Española de Química Terapéutica (Spain)
This fifth editionwill be held in Madrid on June 22nd, 2018 at the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) headquarters. As in former editions, this symposium is aimed to give the opportunity to Post-doc, Pre-doc, Master’s degree, and Bachelor’s degree students to show and discuss their results. However, registration is also open to both junior and senior researchers.
- Roberto Chicharro (Grupo Juste, Spain)
- José Martínez Orgado (Hosp. Clínico San Carlos, Spain)
- Michiel Van Gool(Janssen, Spain)
Abstract submission deadline is May 21, 2018.
Contact person: Eva Mª Priego
Tel: +34 91 568 00 40
Fax: +34 564048053
11th Joint Meeting on Medicinal Chemistry
EFMC Sponsored Event
In 2019, it will be 20 years of history of this traditional Joint Meetings, founded in 1999 by Prof. G. Ronsivalle (Italy) together with Prof. A. Lipkowski (Poland) and Prof. G. Toth (Hungary). On behalf of National Chemical Societies of Italy, Poland and Hungary, Prof G. Ronsivalle together with Prof. Z. Chilmonczyk (Poland) and Prof. P. Matyus (Hungary) organized the first meeting in Taormina in 1999, particularly to promote Medicinal Chemistry, attract young scientists and foster relationships between medicinal chemists of the participating countries. After Taormina, JMMC was held in Budapest 2001, Krakow 2003, Vienna 2005, Portorož 2007, Budapest 2009, Catania 2011, Lublin 2013, Athens 2015 and Dubrovnik 2017. Since the first meeting, number of participating countries has increased to nine – Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia. The success of last 10th JMMC-2017 (249 participants from 28 countries) illustrates an interest of this kind of meetings. We are pleased to invite medicinal chemists from all over the world, not only participating countries, to come, stimulate discussion in drug discovery and development and to promote collaboration between medicinal chemistry scientists, both young and experienced.
- Dr. Tomas Cihlar (Gilead Sciences, United States)
- Prof. Michal Hocek (Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the CAS, Czech Republic)
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Janez Ilas (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Prof. Yoel Rodríguez (Hostos Community College of CUNY, United States)
- Prof. Dr. Sanja Tomic (Ruder Boskovic Institute, Croatia)
Contact person: Martin Dolezal
- Section of Synthetic Drug of the Czech Pharmaceutical Society (Czech Republic)
The European School of Medicinal Chemistry (ESMEC) and the European Federation for Medicinal Chemistry (EFMC) offer 13 (10 + 3) scholarships for the participation to the XXXIX edition of the school, scheduled from June 30 to July 4, 2019.
The scholarships, covering the registration fee and the full board accommodation, will be assigned to PhD students attending PhD courses in European Universities (excluding Italian Universities).
A Committee formed by members of the School’s Scientific Committee, Dr Antoni Torrens (representative of EFMC), Prof. Stefania Butini and Prof. Marco Macchia, will carry out the selection on the basis of the candidate scientific CV and research project.
This year the scientific programme includes the following topics:
- Immuno-oncology: small molecules and beyond
- Photocatalysis in Medicinal Chemistry
- Artificial Intelligence in drug discovery and development
- Market watch: new drug approvals in 2018 and synthetic strategies
Deadline for fellowships application: March 25, 2019
For more information visit: www.esmec.eu - Fellowships section